Plants. Sunshine. A spectacular view. The Aurora Hut is simple in design but wildly appealing to mountaineers and skiers who adore its cozy, light and airy interior and slanted roof. Inside, there's an ample pile of firewood - to toss into the fireplace to create a warm, and homey atmosphere on chilly winter nights. Throw pillows, a telescope and a log bench add an appealing finishing touch to the laid-back mountain refuge.
- Advanced ★★★★★
- Average build time: 40 hours
- Various wood, paper, cloth and metal parts
- LED Lighting
- Illustrated instruction manual
- Acrylic dust cover box
- Music box
- Tool kit; scissors, craft knife, tweezers, ruler, screwdriver
- Small paintbrush
- Model Number: M902Z
- Model weight: 0.93 kilogram
- Box weight: 1.03 kilograms
- Assembled size: 23.5 x 17 x 15 cm
- Box size: 21 x 32 x 5.5 cm
- Not a toy - not suitable for children 3 or under
- Includes small parts that could be a choking hazard
What you see is what you get
Yes, everything you see in the photos is supplied. Printed paper, cloth, wooden parts, LED lighting as well as glue and paint.
Detailed instruction manual
An illustrated English instruction manual is included. Each task is clearly described and there are many colour photos to show you how to assemble each part and where to place everything.
Incredible attention to detail
A lot of effort has been spent on little things such as flowers, picture frames and accessories. Turn on the LED lights and you’ll have a realistic-looking room.
What could possibly go wrong?
These miniature rooms take many hours to build and require patience and care. As with all DIY Kits, the more skill and experience you have, the better the result. If you're not careful, you could damage parts during removal, lose parts or install parts the wrong way round. Some parts are delicate and can get damaged if you apply too much pressure. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
What is the recommended minimum age to build this kit?
12 - however at this age an adult will need to help. All kids are different of course, but we're going to say that an average 15 year old could most likely build it independently.
What is the recommended maximum age to build this kit?
If you have steady hands and patience then the only thing that can stop you is your eyesight.
How long will the battery last?
The light is an LED, so expect to get many hours of use.
Are the batteries hard to find?
No - the lighting is powered by common button batteries available from hardware stores and supermarkets.
Is the model fragile?
Fragile like glass? No, but many parts are delicate and could damage easily from pets, children or a fall. The supplied acrylic box helps keep it intact and dust-free.
I love these miniature rooms! Do you have any more?
Sure do - check out the full range of Miniature Room Kits.
Shipping is calculated based on the total weight of your order and various options are available during checkout. To view prices before committing to an order, add this item to your cart and then use the shipping calculator on the cart page. Options include:
- Australia Post parcel - standard parcel delivery including tracking
- Australia Post express - fastest delivery including tracking
- We are an Australian business located in Sydney. If the Add to Cart button is displayed above, it means the item is in our local warehouse, ready for immediate despatch.
- Orders that are received by 12 noon are despatched the same day, otherwise the next business day.
Hit that blue Message Us button at the bottom of this page or complete our contact form.