This Plutus Cat model is a delight to build for both young and old. Simply punch out the laser cut wooden pieces and snap them together. A great wet weather project or the perfect gift for those who enjoy hands-on activities.
- Moderate ★★★☆☆
- 72 pieces
- Build time: 1 hour
- Wooden plywood sheets
- Illustrated instructions
- Model Number: TG303
- Model weight: 70 grams
- Box weight: 140 grams
- Assembled size: 99 x 94.5 x 113.5 mm
- Box size: 229 x 155 x 116 mm
- Not a toy - not suitable for children 3 or under
- Includes small parts that could be a choking hazard
Shipping is calculated based on the total weight of your order and several options are available during checkout. To view your options before committing to an order, add this item to your cart and then use the shipping calculator on the cart page. If this is the only item you're ordering from us then your choices include:
- Letter - cheap, but slowest delivery via Australia Post. No tracking. Arrives with your normal mail.
- Australia Post parcel - faster delivery than the letter service and includes tracking.
- Australia Post express - fastest delivery with tracking.
- We are an Australian business located in Sydney. If the item is available to purchase, it means the stock is in our warehouse ready for immediate despatch.
- Orders that are received by 12 noon that are being delivered by Australia Post are despatched the same day, otherwise the next business day.
What could possibly go wrong?
Although you're pretty much just punching out parts and putting them in the right places, all model building requires skill. If you're not careful, you could damage the parts during removal, lose parts or install parts the wrong way round. Some parts are delicate and can get damaged if you apply too much pressure. As with any skill, the more practice and experience you have, the better the result. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
What is the recommended minimum age to build the plutus cat?
8 - however at this age you will need to step in occasionally to help out. All kids are different of course, but we're going to say that an average 12 year old could most likely build it independently.
What is the recommended maximum age to build the plutus cat?
If you have steady hands and patience then the only thing left to stop you is your eyesight.
Do any parts need to be glued?
Not usually. Occasionally you will get a part that is a bit loose which can be fixed with a drop of regular craft glue.
Is the model fragile?
It's unlikely to get damaged if it topples over, but if it is dropped from a height then be prepared for disappointment.
Do I need to sand the parts?
The parts can be slightly rough on the edges so we recommend that you give them a light sanding. If you don't bother then it's unlikely to cause you any grief.
Can I paint it?
We think these models look great in their nature raw state. However one of the nice things about a kit is you can make it your own, so feel free to personalise as you wish. It's made from plywood so you can apply just about anything including paint or lacquer. Our recommendation is to paint prior to assembly as getting a brush into every little section would be really fiddly once it's been built. It's possible that the parts will not go together quite as easily once paint has been applied so if necessary, lightly sand your paint on parts that need adjusting.
I love these kits! Do you have any more?
Sure do - check out more 3D Puzzles.
Hit that blue Message Us button at the bottom or fill out our contact form.